Cottage cheese simmered In Makhani Gravy
- Paneer – 250 g
- Onion- 1(large size) chopped
- Tomato puree-150 grams
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Cashewnuts 10-12 soaked & grind
- Kashmiri red chilli 1 tsp
- Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves) – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp Butter – 1 tbsp
- One small bay leaf
- Black cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom – 1
- Cinnamon stick – 1″
- Fresh cream – 1 cup
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onions until translucent. Remove from heat and let it cool. Grind it to a fine paste. Heat a tbsp of butter and add bay leaf, black cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, and cardamom.
- Add grind onion paste.Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt & Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Stir everything together and let it cook for 5 minutes.Add half of the tomato puree & mix well. Add the rest of the paste little at a time, check for the right amount of sour taste and add more
- Cook this mixture until the raw smell of the spice and tomato disappears. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add cashew paste cook for 2-3 min & cream to the onion tomato gravy and bring it to a boil.Finally, add paneer, crushed kasoori methi and a cup of water or more if required. Let it cook for 5 to 8 minutes and turn off the stove.
Pingback: Homemade Paneer – Desi Swad