Boiled potatoes simmered in Yogurt gravy
- Boiled potatoes, 3 medium sized
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
- Red chillies (dry)- as per taste
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Curd- 1 cup (whisked)
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Oil 3 tsp
- Heat 2 -3 tsp oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and then allow them to crackle. Then add the red dry chillies and allow them to crackle. Then add the boiled potato and saute for a minute.
- Next, remove the boiled potatoes and use the same pot to cook. Add oil to heat, then add the dry masalas ( now add coriander powder, turmeric,red chilli powder, asafoetida) and cook for a minute.
- Then add the whisked yogurt and keep stirring until all the spices are mixed well. Now add salt and water if it is too thick. Cook it for 5 minutes on a low flame. Keep the gravy consistency as per your choice.
- Serve it hot with chappati/poori /paratha.